Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 28-11-2006, 10:56   #1
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Default Killester [28/11/06] - 8:42 Southbound

Going in to town early to pick someone up from hospital, so in my stupidity decide would be easier to get DART in rather than a taxi.
Arrive at station just after 8.30, next DART due is 8.42. There's already quite a lot of people on the platform. As I'm getting off at Pearse, stand towards where end of train should arrive.
DART arrives a few minutes late, and I find I'm standing outside the last carriage, which is jammed solid, think one person squeezed into it. Ran the whol length of the (six carriage) train, and was unable to fit onto it anywhere. Every doorway was jammed solid, and looking inside the entire train was wedged full.

Driver then announces door closing, a couple of dozen people are left on platform, train pulls out. As it does so I can clearly see a couple of inches of the back of someones jacket sticking out through the closed door of one of the middle carriages.

There's no DART between 8:24 and 8:42, so I imagine this is a fairly common occurrence. But if the trains are so dangerously full, they really need to relocate one of the people who performs absolutely no function at Tara St to stations along the line, to make sure everyone is fully aboard the train and signal the driver before he pulls off.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-11-2006, 18:56   #2
Oisin88

or add the two extra carriages as promised by Ronnie Drew.
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote