Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 19-12-2006, 14:33   #1
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Default bad fried chicken

1) Pat Grace
2) Texas Fried Chicken. I've had this drunk and it's (was gonna say foul) disgusting. at least as bad as the deep fried spiders ( I imagine)
3) - your horrors here
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-12-2006, 16:14   #2
Nigel Fitzgricer
Regular Poster

I went to an international years ago at Dalymount and before the match myself and mate saw David O'Leary and some FAI official getting about 20 Snack Boxes from Pat Grace in Phisborough Shopping Centre for the Irish team and they went on to win. Not sure who they were playing, I forget but, Ireland played a blinder that night.

Pat Grace's Fried Chicken must of had some fowl growth hormones still in it's halfcooked flesh that night. I never saw Eoin Hand appear so human before or since.
Unread 19-12-2006, 16:46   #3
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

God, leave the fowl/foul puns aside will yiz?

Texas, was that the one in Drumcondra down at the Tolka Bridge? I vaguely rememeber going there as a kid on a Sunday.

Pat Graces is now a Burdocks, isnt it?

As for great Snack Boxes, best one is Lynch's beside the Beachcomber Pub in Killester. Just waiting for the NFL to start in Feb, Parnell Park, Beachcomber, Lynchs, good night out, permission already booked in advance from Mrs TJS.
Unread 19-12-2006, 17:05   #4
2Funki4Wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
Texas, was that the one in Drumcondra down at the Tolka Bridge? I vaguely rememeber going there as a kid on a Sunday.
That's the one, how it stood so long without a KFC challenge I'll never know, same colourscheme and everything.
Unread 19-12-2006, 17:41   #5
Dave
Regular Poster

Use to love the gravy out of Pat Graces. Today's KFC gravy is just not as nice, the chicken however is delicious especially from the one in the Jervis centre.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-12-2006, 18:46   #6
Nigel Fitzgricer
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Use to love the gravy out of Pat Graces. Today's KFC gravy is just not as nice, the chicken however is delicious especially from the one in the Jervis centre.
Me too. It was lovely and peppery. Rumoured to have been leftover industrial residue from the Auganish plant in Limerick. Most of the "Chickens" were trapped on the CIE Railway Bridge over Drumcondra Road...hmmmm?

Actually, the death of Limerick soccer and Pat Grace's fried chicken mirror each other. KFC was sort of like the Sky Sports of soccer - just replace Cornel Sanders with Rupert Murdoch. We are through the looking glass folks.

So there you have it. We have discovered the common link between the decline of the League of Ireland and CIE via the Fried Chicken Paradaigm on the same day that Charlie Haughey finally got his comeuppence. There must be a plentary convergence or something cosmic going on.

Come Back Pat Grace and Save Us!

Right that's it. I am off to start PatGrace11 - Ireland National Fired Chicken, LOI Soccer, and Salmonella Lobby.
Unread 20-12-2006, 00:49   #7
Derek Wheeler

And so the Fried chicken debate explodes.

What about the "original" Kentucky sites pre the '86 comeback? I was introduced to the concept in the Crumlin shopping centre. (stripey box) That had to be 79/80. The site is still a fried chicken joint, but the bars at the counter put me off.

Ate in Pat Graces in Rathmines a few times on my teenage visits to local amusement arcades. Feck its all just too sophisticated now. Pat Grace sold some dodgy ****. Makes Pat McDonagh of Supermacs look like a fried chicken expert. (got a dodgy one in Ballinasloe one night)

Chip shop on the main street in Malahide does a crackin snack box. Overall the "chipper" snack box is pure evil and makes Pat Grace look good. KFC and their controversial methods still seem to rule though.

If your ever down Newbridge way, a new joint called "Buffalo's" has opened on the main street. Its essentially an Eddie Rockets rip off and the fried chicken meals are, "Great on a plate". Does take away too and reasonably priced compared to Eddie Rockets. A gem.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-12-2006, 00:54   #8
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
As for great Snack Boxes, best one is Lynch's beside the Beachcomber Pub in Killester. Just waiting for the NFL to start in Feb, Parnell Park, Beachcomber, Lynchs, good night out, permission already booked in advance from Mrs TJS.
NFL for us starts in Croker next year on a saturday night. (10,000 tickets sold already) So check out the "perki chick" on lower Drumcondra road. Last time I had a southern fried breast out of that place, it was as neat as Kylie Minogue's.
Unread 20-12-2006, 11:14   #9
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler View Post
NFL for us starts in Croker next year on a saturday night. (10,000 tickets sold already) So check out the "perki chick" on lower Drumcondra road. Last time I had a southern fried breast out of that place, it was as neat as Kylie Minogue's.
Considering boycotting that game as a protest over the way we were treated by the GAA last year. Why dont they ask Mayo and Kerry, eh? Ah no, the Dubs are great for money and full houses when they need us but then when the GAA satart attrracting the once a year support brigade in the All Ireland Series we are told to feck off. Lots more on this in the reservior dubs forums.

As for ther local food, I used to go to "some like it hot" in Drumcondra, lovely half pounder with cheese, since I left Dublin i usually go to Clonliffe House pre match, good chipper beside it as well.
Unread 20-12-2006, 17:28   #10
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Quote:

As for ther local food, I used to go to "some like it hot" in Drumcondra, lovely half pounder with cheese, since I left Dublin i usually go to Clonliffe House pre match, good chipper beside it as well.
Is that the mighty "Frier Tuck" ?

There's a decent lad beside Meaghers for chips too.

OT
Who's seen Croker with the lights on. Like the spaceship from ET. twas especially good monday night with the light fog.
Unread 20-12-2006, 18:55   #11
sean

I'm not into fried chicken.

But did anyone ever try this?

sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-12-2006, 21:48   #12
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmd View Post

OT
Who's seen Croker with the lights on. Like the spaceship from ET. twas especially good monday night with the light fog.

Saw it yesterday evening, looks very very impressive, the atmosphere during the 6N should be awesome there.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-12-2006, 00:34   #13
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markh View Post
Saw it yesterday evening, looks very very impressive, the atmosphere during the 6N should be awesome there.
You rugger bugger Mark! 6N? From now on you will respect this forum and refer to it in its full title of "six nations home games on tour"..

They had started the lights before planning permission was actually granted. Funny that!
Unread 21-12-2006, 08:54   #14
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Kinda like the N6 was started long before it was started..

In Dallas,Tx. they do Chicken Fried Steak.
Unread 21-12-2006, 10:16   #15
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler View Post
You rugger bugger Mark! 6N? From now on you will respect this forum and refer to it in its full title of "six nations home games on tour"..
Sorry Derek, it's just we wont be used to a modern stadium like Croker, I got a little excited
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-12-2006, 10:55   #16
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Do you mean this:

Unread 22-12-2006, 05:17   #17
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I was in the Croke Park conference centre / hospitality suite last week. Its slightly strange seeing a DMU whiz past the fourth floor windows.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-12-2006, 14:10   #18
John.
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fitzgricer View Post
I went to an international years ago at Dalymount and before the match myself and mate saw David O'Leary and some FAI official getting about 20 Snack Boxes from Pat Grace in Phisborough Shopping Centre for the Irish team and they went on to win. Not sure who they were playing, I forget but, Ireland played a blinder that night.

Pat Grace's Fried Chicken must of had some fowl growth hormones still in it's halfcooked flesh that night. I never saw Eoin Hand appear so human before or since.

It wouldn't have been Malta, 1983, by any chance Nigel? Because if it had been anyone else..........
John. is offline   Reply With Quote