Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-01-2006, 23:52   #1
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Talking RPA vs A few good men and some loose sleepers

Every time the RPA lose the plot this rather famous scene out of a few good men comes to mind

Don't take this seriously its only fun, and it was safe at time of opening, how long it will remain safe is the next question..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by The resulting public inquiry
RPA: You want answers?
P11: I think I'm entitled to them.
RPA: You want answers?
P11: I want the truth!
RPA: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a city that has trams. And those trams have to be guarded by men with press releases. Who's gonna do it? You? Connex, the Minister ? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You curse the opening with defects and you curse the corkelast material. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the opening, while defective, probably saved our necks. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, gives us something to do...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at meetings, you want me on that tram. You need me on that tram.

We use words like risk assessment, safety, design...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very transport I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick a bus stop, stand and wait. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
P11: Did you order the red line opening?
RPA: (quietly) I did the job they sent me to do.
P11: Did you order the red line opening?
RPA: You're goddamn right I did!!

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 11-01-2006 at 00:07.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 22:49   #2
alek smart

Powerful stuff indeed......And perhaps you may well get the opportunity to speak those lines in Open Court yet...
Mark my words Mark......This one aint goin away.......!!!
alek smart is offline   Reply With Quote