Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 21-08-2007, 14:27   #1
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

Default Pearse Station

I was in Pearse Street Station today and yesterday.I noticed that the terminal track on Platform 3 is now covered with ruble and broken track parts and has wooden boards on the fencing beside it.I also noticed that the over head wires above Platform 3 which powered DART units has been dismantled.As well as that, there appears to be a bent metal bar and a stack of wooden sleepers blocking access to the platform.It also seems to be happening to the track behind Platform 1 as I saw similar work going on. Would anybody be able to tell me why this is?Has it something to do with the planned interconnector(Dart Underground)?
Unread 21-08-2007, 14:42   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Works at Pearse are to do with the creation of a new station concourse facing out onto Pearse Street, restoring the situation which existed before the DART modifications where put in place

A new subway will link the two main platforms and continue out to the new station enterance/concourse in Pearse Street providing much needed relief to the crowded ticket hall.

This verging on a technical issue, more details and photos in the members forum
Unread 21-08-2007, 17:24   #3
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

Does that mean they are getting rid of Platform 3?If that is the case,they would be doing away with a vital element of infrastructure which could be used to increase the frequency of trains between Dublin and Gorey\Rosslare.
Unread 21-08-2007, 19:11   #4
eugene

That might be the case, I assumed the extra platform at Grand Canal Dock would be used for that post DASH 2? (wherever that has gone)
Unread 21-08-2007, 20:27   #5
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

vital piece of infrastructure to increase Gorey trains is called Dash2 or Interconnector. One short platform in Pearse will not do anything.
Unread 21-08-2007, 20:35   #6
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

This is technical issue, please continue in the members forum http://forum.platform11.org/showthread.php?t=2540
Closed Thread