Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 28-02-2008, 19:54   #1
Emma
New to the board

Default Weekly ticket Heuston H/Hatch

Hi,

Not sure if this question is ever asked before, if so sorry!

I bought a weekly ticket from Heuston to H/Hatch from one of the ticket machines in Heuston. The ticket reads: Adult 7 day rail and it cost EUR 17.40.

The man checking the tickets this evening said I couldn't travel on it as I had already used the outward journey nad return journey once?? He thought it was one of those 7 day tickets that you can only travel out once and back once. No matter how I tried to explain it, he made me buy a single.

Am I wrong here now? I thought I bought a ticket which is valid from last Monday to next Sunday between Heuston and H/Hatch and I can travel on it every day. Sure why would I buy a 7 day return of EUR 17.40, when a single is only EUR 2.10?????

Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2008, 20:10   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

€17.40 is the correct fare for a 7 day unlimited ticket between Heuston and Hazelhatch

It may be used as often as you like, in either direction, without restriction on any journey between Heuston and Hazelhatch, eg Adamstown - Heuston is valid as well between the dates specified on the ticket

5 days at €3.80 return = €19

Photocopy the 7 day ticket, write a nasty letter (email isn't going to work) to the Southern and Western office http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_in...plaints.php#sw a demand a refund

You met a useless member of staff who should know better, you have date and train time the ticket checker can be id'ed. Unlikely he will get disciplined but still we live in hope.

Advice in these situations is to hold fast and demand someone more senior is dragged down, each platform gate in Heuston has a phone so there are no excuses

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 28-02-2008 at 20:16.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2008, 21:10   #3
Emma
New to the board

Thanks Mark!
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote