Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-03-2008, 19:38   #1
ThomasJ

Angry [3-3-2008] I hate Mondays!!

I arrived at Tara Street station this evening to get a DART to Connolly to catch the 17:28 to Maynooth only to notice a sea of red and the next northbound DART due for about 10 minutes. Anyway the DART arrived at 17:26 crammed and we went to Connolly.

We arrived at Connolly and the 17:28 was gone!! There was a large number of passengers that walked over to platform 7. With the passengers that usually would catch the 17:44 Docklands Clonsilla and the usual Connolly passengers I knew it would be bad! Anyway the platform had a severe number of passengers and the 17:46 Connolly Maynooth (from Bray) arrived packed and wth one set of doors out of order t was a struggle.

The train left a lot of people behind. I got t8:08 Connolly Maynooth. It was crammed and the set of doors I was at was out of order and people had to move down the carriage. Add the heavy snow and hail at connolly and you get a typical monday!!!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:50   #2
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Was in a similar bad mood on last nights 18:05 although it was purely due to the weather and not the trains for a change. In hindsight maybe being 43 minutes late arriving to Connolly in the morning may have a had a little but to do with my humour!

I got soaked on the way to Connolly, of course my umbrella was snuggled up nice and warm in my golf bag instead of it being in my hand stopping sleet and ice going down the back of my neck and to top it all off I discovered that my brand new desert boots might be fine for sandy terrain but are definitely not waterproof.