Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-06-2008, 10:28   #1
Kat
New to the board

Default Car Blocking Mullingar Train Station

There is a Yellow Volkswagen Beetle parking in the yellow box in Mullingar Train station and blocking cars. The person did it to me last night causing me to wait a while in order to get my car out and I have seen it blocking other cars over the last few weeks.

I have tried a few times to ring Mullingar Train Station to report it and they know about it and stick stickers on the car not to park there but is there anything else that could be done?

As the person keeps doing it, all for the few extra minutes in bed in the morning , too lazy to park down in the car park down the road. no consideration for others.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:49   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The terms and conditions don't seem to allow for the towing and impound option if its a IE car park

Question, is the yellow box clearly within IE's (CIE's actually) property or is it possibly owned by the local authority. If it is then it becomes a traffic offense

Photo would be nice, we can blur the reg plate out. Email it into the local paper, fdesk@westmeathexaminer.ie

Alternatively contact the station staff and get them to refuse the person in question access to the platform, there is a wonderful clause which allows any member of staff to block access to the platform and indeed a further clause that Irish Rail can refuse to issue a season ticket without reason
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-06-2008, 10:22   #3
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Parking in Mullingar is getting a bit ridiculous, I've seen cars in recent days in very odd positions at odd angles and clearly obstructing others. Others just look like they've been abandoned in the middle of the car park with no thought whatsoever for other users.

I went home early on Wednesday and while my car was ok I could see situations where other commuters most definitely would not have been able to move their cars if they had been there at that time.
Unread 20-06-2008, 20:37   #4
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Its not as if Mullingar isn't full of car parking, much of it free.

http://www.westmeathcoco.ie/docs/roa...Bye%20Laws.pdf
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-06-2008, 08:33   #5
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Exactly and there is an underused overflow car park down the road but people just cant bothered inconveniencing themselves while they can block someone else in instead. It's exactly the kind of behaviour that will encourage IR to introduce paid parking so it can better 'regulated' or 'supervised'.