Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Luas Customer Service Issues > Luas Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 26-06-2008, 10:17   #1
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Default Sandyford, Stillorgan and Kilmacud Luas stops closed Sat/Sun mornings

Quote:
Sandyford, Stillorgan and Kilmacud Luas stops will be closed for circa 3 hours early on Saturday and Sunday mornings for the next two weekends;

- Saturday June 21st from 6.15am to 9.15am
- Sunday June 22nd from 6.45am to 9.15am
- Saturday June 28th from 6.15am to 9.15am
- Sunday June 29th from 6.45am to 9.15am

Alternative bus transport between Sandyford, Stillorgan, Kilmacud and Balally stops will be provided; running approximately every 20 minutes. No other stops the Green Line will be closed; Luas will operate between St. Stephen's Green and Balally at close to normal frequency. Full service including Sandyford, Stillorgan and Kilmacud stops will resume at 9.15am. These closures are to facilitate the construction of the Luas Green Line Cherrywood Extension. Thank you for your co-operation.

Click here to read or download the latest Luas Cherrywood (Line B1) Construction Update

Click here to read more about the Green Line extension, Luas Cherrywood (Line B1)

Your questions answered, click here for more information
All I can say is fair play to Veoila they actually provide a useful notice, never get that from Irish Rail
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 19:12   #2
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Default July 2008 - Late Saturday & Sunday Starts at Sandyford, Stillorgan & Kilmacud

http://www.luas.ie/page.php?name=San...d_until_9-15am
Quote:
July 2008 - Late Saturday & Sunday Starts at Sandyford, Stillorgan & Kilmacud Luas Stops

Sandyford, Stillorgan and Kilmacud Luas stops will be closed until 9.15am on the following dates:
§ Saturday 12th July from 6.15am to 9.15am
§ Sunday 13th July from 6.45am to 9.15am
§ Saturday 19th July from 6.15am to 9.15am
§ Sunday 20th July from 6.45am to 9.15am
§ Saturday 26th July from 6.15am to 9.15am
§ Sunday 27th July from 6.45am to 9.15am
Alternative bus transport will be provided between Sandyford, Stillorgan, Kilmacud and Balally stops; running approximately every 20 minutes. No other stops on the Luas Green Line will be closed; Luas will operate between St. Stephen's Green and Balally at close to normal frequency. Full service including Sandyford, Stillorgan and Kilmacud stops will resume at 9.15am. These closures are to facilitate the construction of the Luas Green Line Cherrywood Extension. Thank you for your co-operation.

Your questions answered, click here for more information
Click here to read or download the latest Luas Cherrywood (Line B1) Construction Update
Click here to read more about the Green Line extension, Luas Cherrywood (Line B1)
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 20:34   #3
Derek Wheeler

Have they done a leaflet drop along the line? Are there large clear signs up at the stops? Are they making regular announcements?

A feckin notice on the internet is hardly worth getting excited about.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 21:12   #4
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler View Post
Have they done a leaflet drop along the line? Are there large clear signs up at the stops? Are they making regular announcements?

A feckin notice on the internet is hardly worth getting excited about.
There are some notices about Sandyford. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to them at first because they look identical to the Red Line closure posters.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 21:12   #5
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

They tend to be reasonably good at putting up notices at stops and they are providing an alternative bus service.

I understand the RPA does send the construction update to people who want it, but spotting the service change might be another matter.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 21:46   #6
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

RPA and Veoila have consistently provided notices at the stops of any changes
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:22   #7
markpb

Quote:
You've been dealing with IR for too long, you're getting jaded :P

RPA are quite good at this. They had recorded announcements at the stops affected for a week before the first closure. They have posts up at most of the stops including red line stops. I'm not sure about a leaflet drop though but they've covered most of their bases - I'd imagine most of the people using those stops are working in the area rather than living there.
markpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 15:59   #8
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpb View Post

RPA are quite good at this. They had recorded announcements at the stops affected for a week before the first closure. They have posts up at most of the stops including red line stops. I'm not sure about a leaflet drop though but they've covered most of their bases - I'd imagine most of the people using those stops are working in the area rather than living there.
not good enough. no-one from viola has called round to my house telling me this. sack them, sack them all to hell!!!
Unread 10-07-2008, 22:09   #9
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpb View Post

Jaded? No. Demanding? Yes.

I was merely asking the questions. The RPA and Veolia are hardly above criticism. Just look at the Connolly situation and the fact that only today, they are harping on about increased capacity on the red line, that should have been there from day one. Comparisons to IE are hardly proof of success.

to you too.
Unread 10-07-2008, 22:15   #10
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
. Comparisons to IE are hardly proof of success.
to be fair, comparisons to IE are hardly a proof of anything
Unread 10-07-2008, 22:51   #11
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
to be fair, comparisons to IE are hardly a proof of anything
Exactly. So the luas is being judged against, a more jaded than me, entity. We should set the bar higher. I still rate the luas better than IE, but not at a level of customer service that I would deem worthy of particular praise. Its ordinary.