Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 13-04-2006, 15:48   #1
jjbrien
New to the board

Default Intergrated Tickets

I have just come back from Toronto Canaa where they have an exellent transfer system in opperation. Simply you get on thier subway and you get a transfer from the transfer machine you then get to the bus or tram and show it to the driver and can use it untill you get to your final destianation. The tram and bus drivers also issue them to you on request. Its a very cheap system to run that works very well and would not cost much to do here in Dublin. Why has the goverment spent €30m on something Toronto done that cost them only a few transfer machines in stations. I would like to see a flat fare introduced in Dublin that you could pay until you reach your final destination.
Unread 13-04-2006, 16:04   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The technolgy isn't the problem, its money, politcs and the fact all the transport companies are in competition with each other
Unread 13-04-2006, 16:14   #3
PaulM
Really Regular Poster

We have a members section where technical questions should be asked. Details on joining are at http://www.platform11.org/get_involved I am locking this thread any any subsequent technical question I see here.

Paul
Closed Thread