Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 16-04-2009, 07:28   #1
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

Default Delayed trains /chaos in Heuston

Does anybody know what was going on in Heuston the last couple of evenings?

On Tuesday the 18.35 to Thurles was delayed by abotu 20 mins...queue for the train was all over Heuston.

Yesterday the 17:35 to carlow was 20 mins late and the 18:05 train to Portlaois was delayed by even more. The big problem was that IR had both running from platform 3....when the 17:35 departed some people that were queueing (supposedly for the 17:35) got upset because they thought they were in the correct queue and that the gate hadnt opened...whereas they were actually in the queue for the 18:05!!
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2009, 11:51   #2
crc
New to the board

I don't know hat was going on in Heuston, but I hate the queuing nonesense. Any sort of delay to boarding and there are long lines of people clogging up the concourse. Is it really not possible to allow passengers to wait on the platform?? Surely they don't need to check every single ticket all of the time; in Italy and France there are machines to validate your ticket with a date stamp just before you travel.
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2009, 14:25   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

No idea what is going on, recently Irish Rail started to split the 6 car intercity sets after the morning peak and rejoin for the evening rush, that could be the problem
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2009, 15:09   #4
roamling

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
I don't know hat was going on in Heuston, but I hate the queuing nonesense. Any sort of delay to boarding and there are long lines of people clogging up the concourse. Is it really not possible to allow passengers to wait on the platform?? Surely they don't need to check every single ticket all of the time; in Italy and France there are machines to validate your ticket with a date stamp just before you travel.
I agree with that. In Germany people wait on the platform and board when train arrives or is ready. And when you on the train somebody will check the ticket anyway (Intercity). I donīt see the need to have queues going trough Heuston station...The many times I went queuing there I felt like being treated as a little child by all that.
roamling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-04-2009, 11:37   #5
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

heard that the automatic ticket checking machines are going to be in order today...probably mean more chaos (as half the tickets wont work if other machine usage is anything to go by)!
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-04-2009, 13:25   #6
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Yes, see http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?p=44197
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote