Thread: Rocky Trains
View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2009, 22:48   #14
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
Perhaps it's because CIE companies always consider passengers to be an inconvenience the interferes with the smooth operation of an efficient public transport system. They should be thankful that people are bringing these things to their attention, not brushing them under the carpet and sneering at them.
The public face of Irish Rail will never agree with our assessment no matter how qualified it is. We have excellent relations with some non public offices where our informed and constructive comment is acted upon and the passenger gets results

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
If the train's faulty, it's under warranty and can be fixed for free. So, why shoot the messenger?!
We should be asking why was the train despite being out of contract spec accepted for service in the first place. I've always been quick to point out that its under warranty and zero cost.

To my knowledge the first comparative analysis of the Mk4 ride was done in June 2009, shouldn't that have happened in 2005? The first set of modifications where mainly engineering driven to resolve serious mechanical issues which in turn calmed the secondary suspension

And yes in 2006 a IE manager told me to find the first modified coach and report, I did and said the ride still had the swaying motion and suggested the track played a significant part

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 11-08-2009 at 22:53.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote