View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:04   #23
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

I'll see if I can post a photo of the ITS card in action, though sadly I can't show you the card itself just what the reader says

There are a series of technical upgrades ongoing on Luas and Irish Rail to address some issues with performance. Fairly major improvement already achieved. Nothing major, the RUI test group very quickly verified the problem which was known previously. We quite deliberately opted not to be given a list of known bugs when we started testing. The good news is this modification will actually benefit the existing smartcard systems in place as it is not ITS specific its very low level

On a most practical level we have requested that every card reader be given a clear ID number, will come in handy in the future. Irish Rail implemented a similar request from us last year, it really helps when trying to report a problem

As soon as phase two starts an email will be sent to all RUI members offering a chance to take part. We maybe able to expand to offering some forum members also but RUI members will get first call

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 05-04-2011 at 10:11.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote