Thread: NEW TRAINS!
View Single Post
Unread 16-08-2007, 18:57   #12
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetswitch View Post
I really hope they don't mess us around - perhaps time to start riling up the public representatives in Wexford and Wicklow?

Mark, if you're going to talk about things like tokens flying through windows you might want to explain that to the non-Rosslare readers whose services stopped doing this (admittedly cute) trick sometime before I was born...
Its only since 2003 has mainline ETS started to be withdrawn, Rosslare is last on the list.

Basically hand out window to catch the wire loop which holds the ETS token, the loop swings back and smashes into the area just behind the window, the 201 class locomotives had to be modified to reduce the damage, problem with the new railcars is there is a fixed window just behind the cab window which won't last long. I discussed this with a driver while in the cab ages ago and got full agreement. It can be solved through procedures

There will be enough intercity railcars in the fleet in December to change the full Rosslare timetable, there are as of today 12 3 car sets here and more coming.

The Westport alternative doesn't stack up anyway the 3 coach set even in 6 car mode is a downgrade compared to the Mk3 set
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote