View Single Post
Unread 26-10-2006, 16:01   #8
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Don't bother with Myles he is most unreliable, only if you have discovered something nasty are you likely to get a answer. He was well and truely caught in Templemore when the mayor reported numerous attempts to get in touch with no response. The crowd in Newbridge almost lynched him in March when he made the mistake of talking, needless to say Steve Murphy did the rest of the talking. The bulk of the promises made elsewhere have either been forgotten or have taken months longer than promised.

Big tip here is form your own local rail users group and all of a sudden IE will ring you and beg to meet you

Portarlington has done well owing to its junction location, it appears that all trains on the Galway line will now stop. Myles probably didn't explain the true scale of the new longer journey times

I have seen the timetable for a number of stations (not telling which) but no one has seen the full page which is a move by IE to ensure no one can actually find holes in the system since you cant see how trains relate to each other, you dont even know which trains call where, which have catering, which have first or even where they are going

The one consistent issue is that of customer service, its simple and doesn't cost money. Staff are consistently unhelpful and unfriendly, uniforms seem optional and name badges are rare, complaints are not acknowledged, I've got some of the stats and its clear IE are lying, 90% of letters should be answered in 14 days, well its probably closer to 10%, I'm 7 weeks waiting now, the Newbridge crew can confirm widespread delays in correspondance with the office in Heuston

I want to make it clear that there are some great staff out there I've met quite a few of them but sadly the system doesn't recognise their efforts

Now think about a situation where the current stand around attitude is replaced by staff showing up on time in proper uniform and you would see a significant improvement in the running of the service for no cost

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 27-10-2006 at 08:40.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote