Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-03-2007, 07:55   #1
NB1
Regular Poster

Question SLOW COACH

I have long ago come to accept that the rail service is less than impressive,well actually its not even OK. Like most commuters on the Kildare line my trip either to Dublin or from Dublin starts with the usual worry's 1) Will there be a train at all, 2) If there is a train what time will it actually leave at.Now having got on the train I have come to notice particullary on the 05.15 from Athlone it can take anything from 2 mins to 5 mins to pull out of a station which results in the arrival time in Heuston being anything from 06.50 to 07.15. The afternoon and evening trains the 16.25 To Waterford in particular seems to suffer from random stop/starts as well as the delay in leaving some stations.IF these delays are related to the "speed restrictions" why are the delays so inconsistant ? Does this mean that some of the drivers are ignoring the restrictions ? Or does it mean what we all think .... the "speed restriction's" are a load of balls used as an optional excuse by Irish Rail.
NB1 is offline   Reply With Quote