Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-12-2009, 20:41   #1
Traincustomer

Default Kilkenny (MacDonagh) Platform work & Athy car parking

There is work being carried out on the platform at Kilkenny which means in the case of a 6-car ICR one needs to move to the fifth one.

The public address announced it as engineering work and it was dark so I can't say for sure what exactly is being done.

Athy: a report in a local paper refers to the fact that the former swimming pool opposite the station) is set to be knocked down for additional car parking.

Presumably this car parking will be at rates set by the town council and I mention it in case it is of any interest to those who may drive to/from Athy Station.

For pedestrians leaving the station and walking onto Church Road, the sharp corner and the lack of a pedestrian crossing has been mentioned.

The town council is currently open to public submissions on the matter.
Reference: http://kildare.ie/AthyTownCouncil/Pr...,20265,en.html

Last edited by Traincustomer : 08-12-2009 at 20:48. Reason: addition & correction
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 06:56   #2
Kilkea
Regular Poster

I see that Newbidge is getting their carpark resurfaced at the moment. Is this a sign of things to come from all stations on the route (Kildare, Athy etc) which need to be upgraded finally getting done?
Kilkea is offline   Reply With Quote