Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-05-2008, 16:32   #1
sean

Default IEs hard-on with ticket barriers - I object.

Seems to me that wherever there is a major initiative to check more tickets - like with IEs major hard-on with Entry AND Exit validation - the legitimate fare paying passengers end up suffering. From various stations on the DART where it has been harder to get in and out of stations with fewer exits, to Connolly station where, when the validation gates went in, they had to get rid of a huge seating area, which I personally frequently rather liked to use when waiting for/getting off a long distance train. As if that hole wasn't bad enough with among other things those Fun-Sized toilets.

So now they've put up ticket validation gates at Coolmine and it appears to have caused chaos, confusion and delay. Aparently, the old model of "buy ticket, pass gate, catch train" is too complicated given the layout of that station and IEs implementation of ticket validation at that particular location.

Am I the only who thinks they should just cut it out? Or at least limit their validation regime to a way that doesn't detract from the experience of the vast, dramatic vast majority of passengers who pay their fares correctly?
sean is offline   Reply With Quote