Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 25-04-2010, 21:49   #11
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Had the dubious pleasure of travelling on the 10.25 Enniscorthy/Connolly ICR this morning and while I appreciate the greatly reduced engine noise and generally better layout of the carriages I was somewhat alarmed by the filth of the carpets throughout the set - both in the central gangway and under the tables. Beer stains and gum much in evidence. On the return trip I boarded in Dun Laoghaire and attempted to wash the childrens' hands (contaminated by the filth in Dun Laoghaire station) - no water - somethings never change. Incidentally, this was my first visit to a 22000 toilet and I was left wondering were they designed for dwarves? In some ways, while being a damn sight better than the 'commuter' railcars they replaced, the 22000s are a continuation of CIE/IEs ongoing quest for aesthetics over utilty. I also noted that Rathdrum (unmanned) is experiencing an attack from the village idiot grafitti artists - can anything be done?
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote