Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:39   #1
zag
Regular Poster

Default Vanishing train

Every so often I get the northbound DART that terminates in Connolly about 0910 or so. I have to go further north than Connolly, so this involves getting off and waiting for the next train. Instead of waiting in Connolly where it is cold and exposed I get off in Pearse and wait there instead.

I have noticed recently that there is often a Maynooth train timetabled to arrive in a few minutes after the Connolly train, but it quite often seems to just disappear off the timetable.

Today for example when I got off in Pearse it said Maynooth 3 min, Howth 5min. I had a good idea that this was going to be one of those vanishing trains because 2 mins between trains is a bit tight. Well, it is in Ireland anyway.

True enough, a few minutes later a DART trundled into the platform and Maynooth just vanished off the platform display. From the looks of the people remaining on the platform they are used to this since nobody seemed to be scratching their head wondering where their train had gone.

So, I'm just wondering what happens to this train ? It hardly got over taken along the way, so I have to imagine that it was always behind the DART from Dun Laoghaire or Bray or wherever the DART started.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:59   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

There is certainly a 9:15 Pearse Maynooth, train the runs it is normally sitting in the sidings in Pearse well before 9am
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote