Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 29-09-2008, 15:44   #1
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Default [29-09-08 16:30] Possible DART delays

Arrived at Tara St at 16:10 for the 16:13 northbound, just in time for the announcement that it was delayed due to late arrival of incoming train.
But the board was just showing Delay with no time - surely if that was the case they would have had an estimate of how long it was going to be?

Subsequent trains were showing as on time, but the next DART was 20 mins. Gave up and got the bus since I'd no idea how long it would be.

[edit]
Had a look at the Connolly arrivals page, looks like that DART went through only 5 mins late. Pity they didn't bother telling anyone. Other services are showing 3 or 4 minutes late, but that's hardly worth a travel alert. Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited by MOH : 29-09-2008 at 15:52.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-09-2008, 17:50   #2
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Silence is golden....

By 17.30 all northbound DARTs to Malahide, Maynooth and Northern suburban services were 5-10 mins late. Not a single announcement at Pearse st.
Although there was an announcement at Connolly about a delayed Maynooth service (17.28??) which was 10 mins late, and still had not arrived when I went through it - big crowds on the platform for a 4 car service, if I'm correct.

No driver announcements on the Drogheda service advising of reasons for delays.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-09-2008, 12:18   #3
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashers View Post
By 17.30 all northbound DARTs to Malahide, Maynooth and Northern suburban services were 5-10 mins late. Not a single announcement at Pearse st.
Although there was an announcement at Connolly about a delayed Maynooth service (17.28??) which was 10 mins late, and still had not arrived when I went through it - big crowds on the platform for a 4 car service, if I'm correct.

No driver announcements on the Drogheda service advising of reasons for delays.
But there weren't any delays? They were all on time in IE-dictionary-land
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote