Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22-01-2008, 14:12   #1
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Default Daily seat Lottery - Connolly to Mullingar not 17.05 but 18:05

I know for a fact that not being able to get a seat regularly on this service is affecting more than me so was just wondering has anyone been sending in complaints like I have just done below and if so what sort of a response are you getting?

'I'm sure this is a complete waste of time but I am going to go through with it anyway and mark my words I will complain from now on EVERY single time that this happens. I pay in excess of €2000 per annum for my annual train ticket from Mullingar to Connolly and repeatedly evening after evening I take part in the lottery for seats. Yesterday I had to stand in crowded conditions you'd hardly find in India as far as Maynooth. It's disgraceful and unacceptable. I seen a comment attributed to Barry Kenny recently in the Westmeath Examiner saying that he would not be doing anything about this as there are ample seats from Maynooth onwards. Thats so arrogant and rude beyond belief. I am a customer and pay for a ticket from Mullingar to Connolly for a seat not for an uncomfortable stand still till I am halfway home.'
Ballymore is offline   Reply With Quote