Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-08-2007, 13:57   #1
ThomasJ

Default ever imagine a milk float going faster than a railcar?

Did you ever imagine a milk float going faster than a railcar?

http://www.breakingnews.ie

Quote:
This is the milk float on course to cream its competitors and collect a world record.

It’s hoped the Electric Blue will smash the land speed record for milk floats, which stands at 71.4mph, next year.

The float has been specially adapted so there is no chance of getting stuck behind it.

It has a fin on its roof to combat turbulence, an extra drive motor and lowered suspension.

Owner Kevin Bourne said: “Everyone has a stock impression of milk floats travelling at 10mph, so you don’t expect to see one accelerate to 80mph.

“Actually any electric vehicle can reach high speeds, so there’s a lot of potential for them as all forms of transport in the future.

“Just imagine the amount of diesel engines which could come off the road if they were replaced with electric!”

The milk float will go on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester this weekend.
The first thought that came into my head when i saw that was the dougal the milkman episode of father ted where dougal couldn't go over a certain speed! classic!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 14:41   #2
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
Did you ever imagine a milk float going faster than a railcar?

http://www.breakingnews.ie

The first thought that came into my head when i saw that was the dougal the milkman episode of father ted where dougal couldn't go over a certain speed! classic!
Thought the same thing when I saw that, though was also somewhat confused by the phrase "This is the milk float" and the accompanying picture of Mary Hanafin.

Oh and that "dougal the milkman episode where dougal couldn't go over a certain speed" was actually called The Milk Float That Couldn't Slow Dow--, er, Speed 3.

Last edited by MOH : 07-08-2007 at 14:43.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote