Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 13-09-2010, 08:00   #1
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Default [5:45] Longford to Pearse

4 carriage this morning so standing room only leaving Maynooth.

So lets say it was nice and cosey and we made are way out of castleknock.

The dart 7.41 into Connolly skipped in a head of us into connolly and it must have been a minute early as we watched from the sidelines the dart fly in.

So we all had a nice 15min wait to get next dart southbound
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-09-2010, 09:45   #2
ThomasJ

Sadly trampas, I think you'll find that it's likely to do with the (in most cases) long wait for a northbound train to pass. Some of the time you are waiting on the train to pass by the time it does pass the maynooth train would be on the platform in Connolly! It does raise questions about the signalling giving priority to a dart over maynooth train not always being the correct one!

I would nearly suggest it's time to look at the possibility of sending all inbound and outbound maynooth and Longford trains even pearse bound ones in via platform 7
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-09-2010, 11:58   #3
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Today the belfast train had to wait for the dart to pass and the maynooth train passed the belfast train around the bridge.

It is terrible the lack of priority the maynooth line gets.

It is not strange to be waiting 10mins on the bend watching trains go either way.

Something I think IR couldn't careless about the westbound line.
Unread 13-09-2010, 18:27   #4
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

While tryinng not to take over your thread, as a Northern line passenger, I can equally see where you are coming from. Each morning and evening (since the last timetable), we travel at walking pace between Connolly and Howth Junction, as the DARTs are always running late. When we get into Connolly, I often see the Maynooth trains sitting on the bend you describe. And equally I think to myself, all those passengers probably think we have been flying along. Well think again. We are all in the same bucket!
Make sure you voice your concerns at the Meet the Manager session in Connolly on Wednesday!
Unread 14-09-2010, 07:26   #5
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Today we had the normal 8 carriage.

We arrive on the bend at 7.37 a few mins late. The Dart arrived at the same time (7.41 from Connolly).

We wait till the Enterprise heads out but we wait as the dart heads into Connolly. By the time we reach Connolly we are overtaken into Connolly by a train from Drogheda I presume. We arrived into Connolly at 7.45 (9) mins late.

We arrive into Pearse finally at 7.58 only 17 minutes late and other platform.

I really think IR don't care what time they get their passengers to their destination. Sure some people were late for work today as a result of this but do IR care not a chance if you ask me.

2/2 this week for been late
Unread 14-09-2010, 12:15   #6
Ballymore
Regular Poster

I needed to be in work early today and took the 6.18 Mullingar service for the first time this morning. As it's been previously stated it arrived late in Dublin. Disappointing but hardly a surprise. We were left stationary at least 3 times for more than a few minutes apart from station stops obviously but even a few of them were longer than required. Good old Irish Rail - keep up the crap work
Unread 15-09-2010, 07:35   #7
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

3/3 this week on late

Same issue as yesterday. Dart and Maynooth train stopped in the usual place while the Enterprise pulls out. Dart moves after the line is clear while we sit and enjoy the sumrise.

The train arrived in Maynooth on time but seems to manage to lose time along the way. Maybe just a slow driver.

I seen a passenger asked a person in Maynooth why it was happening but I think all he got was signal answer.

What annoys me most is both trains are not moving so it is not a case of the dart is travelling on ahead.

So had a nice wait of around 20mins in Pearse.

So far I have lost around an hour in work this week cause of Irish Rail.
Unread 16-09-2010, 13:44   #8
moonbeam
New to the board

This train was again one of the older ones today and had people standing before Maynooth.
I don't understand why they changed it
moonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-09-2010, 13:48   #9
Ballymore
Regular Poster

It was on time today!
Unread 21-09-2010, 11:33   #10
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Haven't been on this for the last 3 days but was on this morning.

Arrived late into Connolly today again around 7.42-3 but lucky enough the dart was later.

How it was late it appeared to me the driver was coasting into stations instead of the normal breaking
Unread 23-09-2010, 07:29   #11
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Fine yesterday until today.

Door problem at Drumcondra which we start there for a while.

Train pulled into platform 4 in Connolly and no announcemnt about it.

The next greystones dart was cosy to say the least as the 7.15 Maynooth to Connolly arrived before the dart so we had 2 Maynooth trains on the one dart
Unread 23-09-2010, 11:46   #12
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
Fine yesterday until today.

Door problem at Drumcondra which we start there for a while.

Train pulled into platform 4 in Connolly and no announcemnt about it.

The next greystones dart was cosy to say the least as the 7.15 Maynooth to Connolly arrived before the dart so we had 2 Maynooth trains on the one dart
http://http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/...1#post68152641

Quote:
Was on the 05:45 from Longford to pearse today,
Seems like the brakes went on fire or something like that.

I was in the 2nd last carraige and I noticed the smell at about lexlip when someone opened the window.. in my sleepy haze I thought I might have had my runners too close to the heater..
Then at each stop the smoke from the brakes was getting worse and worse until at Drumcondra the driver or someone from IR had a look at it, shook his head and tutted a bit and then drove off to connolly..

Is it normal practice to drive on with smouldering brakes? Or were they more worried about passenger backlash than safety?
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-09-2010, 12:18   #13
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Fairly normal 29K brake problem, nothing to worry about really. It won't go on fire its just the carbon smell from the brake disks
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote