Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2009, 09:50   #1
wiggy321
New to the board

Default dundalk 6:30 train to dublin???

could someone please explain this

this train use to leave at 6:35 pre new timetable! and pre viaduct collapse..this train would arrive in Pearse station @ 8:04.. on a gd day(very) and mayb 5mins later.common occurence!

since new timetable,has come in on Monday pass! the train leaves now at 6:30..but has not gotten into pearce train station,any day this week till 8:10....why is this?

train leaves 5 min's earlier but arrives 6 min's later...Could someone please explain!
It equals a 11-15 minute delay...

this is a joke...A farce! And we paid the most per mile,than any other train journey from my reckoning in ireland

like its €259 for a monthly from dundalk,
but drogeha is €195 a month...Difference of €64...For what off a difference!
You can check all ticket prices and some are ridiculois, ie...€28 Return from dundalk to dublin on a friday...Joke!

Angers me so much!
That dundalk gets such a poor service!

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 02-12-2009 at 11:00. Reason: No need for all caps
wiggy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 16:06   #2
tigger1962

I presumed the delays are due to the extra 2 stops... but it now doesn't stop at howth jct! it does arrive in drogheda 5 minutes earlier but i notice it passes howth junction at roughly the same time as the old timetable, ie 5 minutes delay at that point, so far it seems to arrive in connolly at 8.57 (nntp time, gps time) but then crawls across to tara st! or stops midway.

Yes i agree, instead of trying to get more passengers to use the dundalk train, Irish Rail seem to be penalising Dundalk passengers. I know someone who took the 6.15 bus from Dundalk yesterday and was in the ifsc at 7.30 even with stopping in drogheda!
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 16:07   #3
tigger1962

i meant to add i am currently gps tagging the two journeys i take each day... wasn't on the 6.30 yesterday. I'll have better comparisons on friday
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote