Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Luas Customer Service Issues > Luas Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 19-11-2009, 23:07   #1
chris
Regular Poster

Fair enough, it may take 4-6 minutes, I'm not sure.

My basic point is this though. We were promised that Connolly and Docklands station would be well connected by the Luas. This will become even more important when the interconnector is built. As it stands, there will be no direct trams between these two stations.

It doesn't matter that Busaras is close - on a schematic map it doesn't look close and adds a level of confusion that the average Irish commuter (nevermind tourist) could be put off by.

Further, the walking route from Connolly - Busaras Luas is absolutely dire. I am not entirely sure where pedestrians are supposed to cross that road. An improvement here is the very least that is needed.

Another possibility is running a single tram back and forwards between the Point and Connolly. This doesn't have time disadvantages for through passengers, and there should be enough capacity at Connolly given so few trams will serve it from the Tallaght direction.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-11-2009, 00:26   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

There is no connection of any kind to Docklands station, Spencer Dock station when built will have excellent Luas connectivity outside its front door
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote