Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 14-11-2016, 20:32   #1
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
20. PPT fares queries.

ADDRESSED: Travel to/from Drumcondra to GCD from stations on Heuston corridor will be within existing fare structures, with Leap fares distance based, and for cash Drumcondra to GCD treated as "city-centre add-on" as currently occurs with Luas services.

Looks like:
Leap - use new fares table
Cash - use city centre add-on fare

No info yet on Taxsaver P2P but, probably P2P + City Centre add-on at €430 per annum.
For the short hop stations the fares for services through the PPT are in the new fares table in the fare determination (cash and LEAP), and is distance based.

For outside the short hop zone I read it as you will need the city centre add on in addition to a ticket to Heuston to travel to Drumcondra, Connolly, Tara St, Pearse and GCD.

Last edited by berneyarms : 14-11-2016 at 20:44.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-11-2016, 14:44   #2
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berneyarms View Post
For the short hop stations the fares for services through the PPT are in the new fares table in the fare determination (cash and LEAP), and is distance based.

For outside the short hop zone I read it as you will need the city centre add on in addition to a ticket to Heuston to travel to Drumcondra, Connolly, Tara St, Pearse and GCD.
Confirmed.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-11-2016, 15:55   #3
ThomasJ

Apologies for being the cynic . But I can see questions being raised in good time for why Kildare services can't use the midland line.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-11-2016, 20:30   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Thats the 37 million euro question

Lets be clear the track layout in place around Connolly works

Trains to/from Docklands can run in parallel with Phoenix Park Tunnel, so trains from Phoenix Park Tunnel are using capacity that could not be otherwise used
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-11-2016, 17:06   #5
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

So launch looks to of gone rater well with minimal delays and some ticket issues. Suspect the 08.10 and 08.35 inbound services may need to be adjusted slightly as been held up at Park West because of late running IC services, time will tell.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-11-2016, 18:28   #6
ThomasJ

apparently inbound maynooth trains got held up near glasnevin junction and drumcondra this morning
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-11-2016, 19:41   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quite a few Maynooth trains heavily delayed before reaching Glasnevin this morning, so can't be blamed
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-12-2016, 14:32   #8
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berneyarms View Post

There's a story going around, not confirmed, that the city-centre add-on to P2P does not work at barriers other than Connolly and that IE are now suggesting that users get a P2P to Pearse since they can't/won't reprogramme the barriers.

If so that's bad news with my 2017 P2P+add-on ordered.

Any truth in this?
Unread 19-12-2016, 21:07   #9
Jamie2k9

Took the PPT service this evening to try it out, 18.01 ex Pearse to Hazelhatch. It was on time until we were held for around 6 minutes north of Connolly because of a fault that caused a delay to the 18.05 to Longford. Had a slight stop coming out of Heuston because the 18.05 to Portlaoise didn't depart until 18.25, Connolly delay off set this stoppage.

18.01 was a very quiet service, had a 4 seater to myself, around 35-40 got off at Hazelhatch and maybe 15 joined the connection to Newbridge.

It was great not having please mind the gap and thank you for traveling with Iarnród Éireann at any intermediate stops. They have also removed it from Portlaoise services.

I'm going annoy them until it's removed off other services, I have succeeded in the past getting the pa cut down.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 19-12-2016 at 21:10.
Unread 20-12-2016, 00:16   #10
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Took the PPT service this evening to try it out, 18.01 ex Pearse to Hazelhatch. It was on time until we were held for around 6 minutes north of Connolly because of a fault that caused a delay to the 18.05 to Longford. Had a slight stop coming out of Heuston because the 18.05 to Portlaoise didn't depart until 18.25, Connolly delay off set this stoppage.

18.01 was a very quiet service, had a 4 seater to myself, around 35-40 got off at Hazelhatch and maybe 15 joined the connection to Newbridge.

It was great not having please mind the gap and thank you for traveling with Iarnród Éireann at any intermediate stops. They have also removed it from Portlaoise services.

I'm going annoy them until it's removed off other services, I have succeeded in the past getting the pa cut down.
The 1801 (1758 ex GCD) connects with the 1825 from Heuston not the 1805. The 1758 is typically 5-10 mins late at Drumcondra but makes the connection with the 1825. Sounds like your trip was normal but I seen larger numbers that that.
Unread 20-12-2016, 13:31   #11
Jamie2k9

Quote:
The 1801 (1758 ex GCD) connects with the 1825 from Heuston not the 1805. The 1758 is typically 5-10 mins late at Drumcondra but makes the connection with the 1825. Sounds like your trip was normal but I seen larger numbers that that.
Yes I'm aware but just pointing out that the 18.05 didn't depart Heuston until 18.25 last night so we were stuck behind it.
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:40   #12
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
There's a story going around, not confirmed, that the city-centre add-on to P2P does not work at barriers other than Connolly and that IE are now suggesting that users get a P2P to Pearse since they can't/won't reprogramme the barriers.

If so that's bad news with my 2017 P2P+add-on ordered.

Any truth in this?
Story has been confirmed by Irish Rail.

As a conclusion to this tale, all P2P tickets to Heuston with the City Centre add-on have been issued as P2P to GCD which includes the DB/Luas add-on starting on 1st Jan.

Mine worked correctly this morning.