Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 27-09-2007, 22:31   #1
ThomasJ

Default [27-9-2007] 23.10 pearse-maynooth

This train was late arriving from maynooth. It arrived into platform 1 at pearse three minutes before its scheduled time and departed three minutes late. By the time it had departed tara street it had made up time and arrived into connolly on time. As the doors closed i looked at my watch. I have my watch deliberately set as about two minutes fast so when the train was pulling out my watch was showing 23.18. I looked over at the pis screen at platform six and it was showing 23.16.10 the train had pulled out a minute early. Passengers could have arrived on time but the train was gone. The second time in a couple of weeks i have witnessed this on the maynooth line
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-09-2007, 22:57   #2
ThomasJ

Just a follow on question. I was not affected by this tonight but a couple of weeks ago my train departed two minutes early. When i went over to report this the guy in the control room showed of the logs and the result was the train had departed a minute and a half early. If that had've happened to of tonight and they contested that the train left early would i as a paying customer be entitled to see proof of the departure time ie the logs
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-09-2007, 09:42   #3
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
Just a follow on question. I was not affected by this tonight but a couple of weeks ago my train departed two minutes early. When i went over to report this the guy in the control room showed of the logs and the result was the train had departed a minute and a half early. If that had've happened to of tonight and they contested that the train left early would i as a paying customer be entitled to see proof of the departure time ie the logs
if it went as far as a court you would, there's no mechanism for it under IE's charter/complaints system.
Unread 28-09-2007, 09:57   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Remember IE have a clause which allows them to run a train early

We have asked for this kind of information and it has been refused, however I believe I will be able to obtain it in the next few months but it will be 15 months out of date
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote